What does the quote entail?
The world of design is not just aesthetics. It is usability that must go hand in hand. And the aim is to convey the intended information in the most harmonious arrangement.
Enters considerations like typography, user psychology, culture, symmetry, pattern, etc., that graphic designers use to create content, highlighting the importance of graphic design for any business.
In this article, we go through how to use graphic design efficiently in business. But before that let’s learn about what graphic design is and its importance.
What is Graphic Design?
In simple words, Graphic design is the art of using textual and visual content to communicate information and project ideas.
Importance of Graphic Design
The sole purpose of graphic design is to integrate aesthetics and usability to communicate the intended message and enhance the user experience.
- Graphics will help you create a powerful impression in your customers minds, prodding them to associate with you.
- The right use of graphic design will lead to effective communication and build trust and credibility in your brand.
- Unified aesthetics across all platforms will help create a strong brand identity.
- You can expect improved visibility, higher footfall, and increased sales with the appropriate use of graphic design.
- Graphics will help you enhance the navigability of your content and consequently improve user experience.
Different Places in Businesses Where Graphic Design Used
Graphic design is used everywhere today with elements in all aspects of a business, whether printing, advertising, website designing or corporate branding.
Let’s go through some of those aspects where you can use graphic design efficiently.
- Corporate Branding and Designing
Corporate branding and design deal with the visual identity of your business. It will communicate the personality, tone, core message, values, and emotions of your brand to your audience. Designers work on creating elements like logos, corporate stationery, letterheads, business cards, etc.
All of this will really set the way for how people interpret your business. Logo, for example, becomes the cornerstone of your brand identity and immediately sets you apart from your competition.
Brand designing sets the tone for color palettes, typography, image style, patterns, and general brand guidelines. The practice helps set best practices (to be followed) for application across all media.
Graphic design plays a crucial role in website design. Designers help make the website aesthetically appealing and improve navigability. They work on elements like fonts/typography, web architecture, graphics, etc. Web design also considers UI and UX design to incorporate the much-needed aspects of aesthetics and usability in the website.
Graphic design in a website comprises work like color/font placement, alignment and structure of the webpage, optimally using white space, strategically using CTAs/The Fold, etc.
Designers will help enhance your website’s aesthetics, usability, and navigability which help customers stay on your website.
- Sales Collateral
It is imperative to effectively communicate your message for conversions. And graphic design can help you in that. Sourcing photos through the internet or going for massive chunks of texts might make your message bland and insipid. It can drive your prospects away and reduce the chances of conversions. As a business, you need to understand your target customer’s pulse and create content that engages people more for a successful campaign.
Graphic designers can keep those things in mind when designing brochures or catalogs. They can help enhance them by looking for aspects like folding techniques, finishing, binding options, paper textures, etc. while designing.
- Marketing Collateral
The appropriate use of graphic design can help in building a stronger customer-brand relationship. Marketing efforts are necessary to tap into people’s decision-making process. It can help tap into the aspirations and expectations people have from a brand. Since visual content is more appealing and catchier, it will help in effective communication.
Designers can work for specific media or create extensive marketing collateral for print, digital, and more. A few examples are Postcards, Magazine ads, Infographics, Brochures, etc.
- Social Media
Social media is another platform to solidify your brand image in your customers minds.
Establishing a solid brand footprint on social media channels is imperative today, considering the traction they have. Customizing your posts (apart from advancing your branding efforts) will help build authenticity and credibility for your page.
Also, developing a brand strategy across all platforms will help your pages align with your brand message.
- Packaging Design
Most products go through some form of packaging for protection and storage. And we all know that is another way a brand communicates with its customers. Don’t you agree? Think of cold drink brands or perfumes brands. Packaging design is another powerful marketing tool that can leave a solid impact on your customers minds. A good packaging or label will also enhance the product, as it showcases the efforts made in designing the complete product.
Designing captivating packages or labels will also help your products to compete for on-shelf as people shop with their eyes. An attractive design can grab their attention and leave a good impression in their mind.
Some Stats Related To The Usage Of Graphic Design
- Color Using the right (signature) color can increase brand recognition by 80%. 92.6% of customers reported their purchase-related decisions were influenced by colors. For instance, 33 of the top 100 brands use blue in their logo owing to its popularity.
- Website 75% of users develop opinions about a webpage based on the visual content, and 94% of people first impression was related to design. What’s more? 94% end up leaving the website with poor graphics.
- Social Media Social media posts with visual effects like images get 650% more engagement than posts with plain text. For instance, tweets with visual content got 150% higher retweets, and FB posts received 230% higher engagement.
- Digital Marketing According to digital marketers, visual images (32%) are the most important form of content, followed by blogging (27%), videos 24%), live video (9%), and podcasting (1%), respectively. Also, people could remember 65% of the messages (with visuals) 3 days later compared to 10% of the information in the messages without visual content.
A graphic Designer can help you sync all aspects of your business with your brand value and hierarchy. Hiring a graphic designer can give you better flexibility in terms of cost and efficiency. They can help you build a strong brand image in your customers’ minds.
If you are looking to Hire a Graphic Designer, we offer the best creative solutions.
Source Link — How to Use Graphic Design Efficiently in Business?